Which is the most important tool or necessary item in the kitchen? Without which you cannot even get started with the cooking process of your favorite dish. Yes, you guessed it right it’s the one and only kitchen tool i.e. a Knife.
Few of us are so into knives that we buy a different kind of knives for different tasks in the kitchen. Most of us also use it as a decorative item in the kitchen. But Knife is of what use without its sharp cutting edge? Moreover, a dull knife is more dangerous than a sharp one.
If you are someone who is fed up of going out and getting the knives sharpened or have a bad experience with any sort of Knife sharpener then this post is something you shouldn’t miss at all. So let’s get into our review of one of the best and easy to use Electric Knife Sharpener.
Before writing this review we tested around 9 best knife sharpeners and use them for a while on several types of knives for different purposes. But at the end of our testing, we concluded with Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV Edge Select Electric Knife Sharpener being the best among all of them. Hence without taking much time of yours, we will be sharing our unbiased experience with this knife sharpener today through this review.
Why Choose Electric Knife Sharpener Over Traditional Methods?
We agree that there are various methods which can easily provide you with a razor sharp knife by using traditional sharpening stones and modern jig systems. But that are way more expensive than the electric sharpeners and requires extra human energy and time to provide sharp edge knives. Whereas, in the electric knife sharpeners, you need not provide any human energy as you just need to plug the device and pass the knife blades through the slots and the remaining will be taken care by itself.
Moreover, Chef’s Choice knife sharpener comes in with 100% diamond abrasives coating on its discs which makes the knives stronger and sharper than any traditional or manual sharpening method. Hence this is the reason why we suggest you go with the electric knife sharpeners.
Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV Knife Sharpener Review
When starting this research we asked ourselves if we needed a manual knife sharpener or an electrical one. We have a lot of knives with us for the testing purpose hence we selected the electric one so as to avoid the manual work and get the knives sharpen in just 2-4 strokes.
One of the major reasons behind the selection of Chef’s Choice was because it is one of the oldest knife sharpener manufacturers who has been building and selling world’s best knife sharpeners since 1985. Also, they do not just stick to one sort of sharpener; they feature varieties in electrics, manual and also hybrids. We bet you wouldn’t find anyone better than Chef’s choice in the industry as of today.
The main attraction gathering claim of Chef’s Choice 15 sharpener is that it can sharpen 20-degree knives, especially the American and European knives with deep precision without losing a lot of strength in the process of sharpening. The major steps involved during the sharpening process of Chef’s Choice 15 are as follows –
- Turning 20-degree angle to a 15-degree angle.
- The second step is refinement. This involves removing all the impurities and cleansing.
- The third stage is where it reaches the highest point of smoothness to give you a perfectly sharp edge cut.
Here are some exquisite features of Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV Knife Sharpener which will make you this one as the number one choice as your next knife sharpener.
- Compatible with 20 degrees American & European knives.
- Also compatible with 15-degree Japanese edge knives.
- Any type of knife can be easily used on this sharpener including sports, pocket and bread knives etc.
- You can use this sharpener for both serrated and straight edge blades.
- You get an exclusive 3-year warranty from the manufacturer itself.
- 100% Diamond abrasives are present on the conical discs to create fine microgrooves on the blade to turn 20-degree angle to a 15-degree angle.
- With the use of Trizor XV edge life of quality of knives are prolonged drastically helping you keep them strong and sharp for a longer period.
- Works on electricity hence providing you sharpened knives faster and in an easier manner when compared to manual sharpeners.
Now that you know all the features of the chef’s choice knife sharpener, let’s discuss all its pros and cons which we found out after using it for a while in our kitchen so as to make your selection process much easier.
- The sharpened knives at 15 degrees and 20 degrees using this sharpener are easy to use and handle.
- The discs on the sharpener are durable and easily replaceable once needed.
- It works mostly on any type of knives like American, European, Japanese, straight and serrated to mention a few.
- 100% diamond used in the discs to provide you razor sharp blades at the end.
- Can sharpen single and double-sided blades as well.
- Comes with an inbuilt feature to polish and stropping of the blades while in the 3 stages.
- Surprisingly, Thick knives also worked like charm with this sharpener.
- Expensive when compared to other knife sharpeners in the market.
- A bit tricky to master the art of sharpening in the start. You will definitely need some practice and time to understand its proper working.
- Cannot sharp scissors and ceramic knives.
- Not so pretty when comes to its looks from the outside.
Hence this was our raw and unbiased review of Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV Edge Select Electric Knife Sharpener. We tried our best to give you as much information and details about this sharpener as possible through this post today. Hope the information and review which we shared on this page was helpful to you in deciding on which knife sharpener to purchase for your kitchen needs. Please feel free to share your opinions and reviews of this product if you are using it in the comment section below.